STANLEY Dew Tour Contest Rules
STANLEY Winter Dew Tour 2017 Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
This Stanley Winter Dew Tour 2017 Giveaway (“Giveaway”) is sponsored by STANLEY Tools, 400 Executive Blvd S. Southington, CT (“Sponsor”). Entry for this Giveaway will be held at the Winter Dew Tour located at the Breckenridge Ski Resort 1599 Ski Hill Rd, Breckenridge, CO 80424 (“Giveaway Location”) There will be an Entry Period of the Daily Giveaway and an Entry Period for the Grand Prize. Entering for the Daily Giveaway will automatically enter you for the Grand Prize. The Entry Periods will be held as follows:
- December 14, 2017 from 9:00 AM Mountain Time (“MT”) to 1:59 PM MT (“Entry Period”).
- The December 15, 2017 Daily Giveaway, the Entry Period will start at 2:01 PM MT December 14, 2017 and end at 1:59 PM December 15, 2017
- The December 16, 2017 Daily Giveaway, the Entry Period will start at 2:01 PM MT December 15, 2017 and end at 1:59 PM December 16, 2017
- The December 17, 2017 Daily Giveaway, the Entry Period will start at 2:01 PM MT December 16, 2017 and end at 1:59 PM December 17, 2017
Grand Prize Giveaway: December 14, 2017 from 9:00 AM MT until December 17, 2017 1:59 PM MT
1. Eligibility: This Giveaway is open only to persons who are legal residents of one of the 50 USA states or Washington, DC and are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor or its affiliates (“Giveaway Entities”), their immediate family members (spouse, domestic partner, children, siblings, parents, grandparents, grandchildren and step family members) and/or people living in the same household (related or not) are not eligible to enter. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. How to Enter: During the Entry Period, text “Stanley” to 555888 and follow the instructions to complete the registration to be entered to win a daily gift and automatically entered to win the Grand Prize. Each completed registration is herein referred to as an “Entry”. Limit of one (1) Entry per person. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated system or means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted or unintelligible for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted as a valid entry. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which entries will be disqualified. Tampering with the entry process or operation of this Giveaway is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. Any attempt by any entrant to enter by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, log-ins or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. All Entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to contact entrants and any other individuals whose telephone and email address is submitted as part of this Giveaway. An Entry will be disqualified if it is forged, falsified, altered or improperly tampered with in any way.
3. Random Drawings:
Daily Prize: There will be one (1) random drawing held daily December 14, 2017 to December 17, 2017 at 2:00 PM MT at the Stanley Booth at the Giveaway location for a total of four (4) prizes. The daily Entry drawn will be declared potential “Winner”. Entrants are required to be present to win.
Grand Prize: There will be four (4) random drawings for total of four (4) Grand Prizes awarded. The drawings for the Grand Prizes will be held on December 17, 2017 at 2:00 PM MT at the Stanley Booth at the Giveaway location. The Entries drawn will be declared potential “Winners”. Entrants are NOT required to be present to win for the Grand Prize.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of Entries received. AN ENTRANT IS NOT AN OFFICIAL WINNER UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN ADVISED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
4. Notification and Claim of Prize:
Daily Prize: Entrants are required to be present to win. The potential Winner will be notified by Sponsor via text message within 30 minutes after the random drawing is held. The prizes will be awarded to the Winners immediately after the random drawing is held at the Giveaway location. Each potential Winner must respond to Sponsor and accept, claim and collect the prize by 3:00 PM MT from the Stanley Booth the day the prize is awarded, failure to do so will result in a forfeiture of the prize awarded hereunder. The potential Winner must legibly complete, personally sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (“Winner’s Affidavit”), except where prohibited by law. Failure by the potential Winner to complete the Winner Affidavit will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the Daily Prize.
Grand Prize: Entrants are NOT required to be present to win for the Grand Prize. Each potential Winner will be notified by Sponsor either in person, by phone or email within 2 days after the random drawing is held. The potential Winners will be required to claim prize by responding via email providing his/her contact information within five (5) days after Sponsor’s first notification attempt, failure to do so will result in a forfeiture of the prize awarded hereunder. The potential Winner must legibly complete, personally sign and deliver to Sponsor no later than the time period stated above: (a) an IRS tax form W-9; (b) an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release (“Winner’s Affidavit”), except where prohibited by law, Failure by the potential Winner to timely provide such required items and information will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the Grand Prize.
If, despite reasonable efforts by Sponsor, a potential Winner does not respond to the notification and accept and claim the prize as set forth above or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential Winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate potential Winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. If a potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if they have not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Winner will be disqualified. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF A PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL THE ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED.
5. Prizes: The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable and have no credit or cash value. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize (or any part) for one of equal or greater value, for any reason.
Daily Prize: The prize is comprised of (1) of each of the following products:
25’ STANLEY® 50pc Control-Grip™ Screwdriver Set
A custom hand painted snowboard by artist Christian Tai Leach. The total approximate retail value of each snowboard is $650.
Each Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for federal, state and local income and other taxes on the prize. Each Grand Prize Winner should allow up to eight (8) weeks before the prize is shipped to them after they have been declared an official Winner by Sponsor. The prizes will be mailed to the Winners’ street address in the USA via regular ground mail. EACH GRAND PRIZE WINNER is advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of accepting the Grand Prize. An IRS tax form 1099 will be issued to each Grand Prize Winner in the amount of $650.00. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all local, state and federal taxes on the prize, if any.
6. Publicity Release: Acceptance of a prize constitutes each Winner's permission for Sponsor to use Winner's Entry, name, photograph, video, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements, testimonial (in whole or part), prize information and address (city and state) (collectively, "Attributes") for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization (except where prohibited by law) and releases Sponsor from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes.
7. ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASES: By entering this GIVEAWAY, EACH ENTRANT AGREES for entrant and for entrant’s heirs, executors, administrators, representatives, insurers and assigns: (A) to release and hold harmless Giveaway Entities, Giveaway prize suppliers, all individuals and entities involved in fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting this Giveaway and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, representatives, licensees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, expenses, liabilities, personal injury, death, illness, property loss, litigation or damages of any kind to persons and/or property (including but not limited to invasion of privacy under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights) that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, arising out of such entrant’s entry in Giveaway and/or such entrant’s acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of the prize; and (B) to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses and/or liabilities arising out of or relating to such entrant’s entry in this Giveaway and/or entrant’s acceptance, use and/or misuse of prize. Released Parties are not responsible for, and each entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from, any claims arising from: (i) lost, late, illegible, mutilated, misdirected, damaged, corrupted, inaccessible, inaccurate or incomplete entries, entries not received by the time designated for the Entry Period; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctions or interruptions of any computer, equipment, cable, network, hardware or software, programming, or technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in the entry process or technical or human error which may occur in the administration of or processing of Entries in Giveaway; (iv) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, including which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s entry in Giveaway; and (vi) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical errors in the printing, advertisement or reproduction of these Official Rules, in any advertisement or promotional material related to this Giveaway (print or online) or in administration of this Giveaway including but not limited to depiction of prize or announcement of Winners. Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Official Rules at any time and any such amendment will be located on the designated landing page.
8. RELEASE OF CLAIMS (CALIFORNIA): Each entrant acknowledges that there is a possibility that, subsequent to their involvement with this Giveaway and adherence to these Official Rules they may discover facts or incur or suffer claims which were unknown or unsuspected at the time agreeing to these Official Rules, and which if known by them at that time may have materially affected their decision to enter this Giveaway. Such entrants acknowledge and agree that by reason of these Official Rules, and the release contained in the preceding subsections, they are assuming any risk of such unknown facts and such unknown and unsuspected claims. Such entrants acknowledge that they have read these Official Rules and, as such, hereby have been advised of the existence of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
9. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend or terminate this Giveaway if it determines, in its sole discretion, that this Giveaway is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Giveaway as contemplated herein. If an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding any prize or continuing with this Giveaway as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. ZIKA virus), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, extend or terminate this Giveaway. If this Giveaway is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential Winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect Entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Giveaway, but in no event attorneys' or legal fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
11. Winners List: To obtain Official Rules or Winners’ names, send a self-addressed envelope to: Stanley Dew Tour Giveaway, 701 E. Joppa Road, MS# TW230, Towson, MD 21286, Attn.: J. Greene. All such requests must be received by January 6, 2017.